Business Insurance at ISU
Given the exorbitant sums that some businesses pay for insurance and the equally exorbitant expenses you can incur if you fail to properly insure your business, it’s worth learning how business insurance works and how to shop for it.
We’ll walk you through the basics below, but if you’re ready to get started now, click here to contact us for a free quote or call 916-773-3800 to speak with an ISU representative.
What Business Insurance Does
Business insurance products protect against a range of disasters, from identity theft to terrorism. Most businesses can meet their needs with just these four basic types:
- Property insurance protects any property, such as a facility, owned by the business.
- Casualty insurance protects your business against non-property-related misfortunes that impair your company’s ability to conduct business – a neighborhood power outage, for example.
- Liability insurance protects your business in case of legal entanglements, including slip-and-fall or infringement.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is a particular sort of liability insurance. It’s not covered under a basic liability package, as this coverage is for your employees.
A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is a popular product for small-to-mid-sized businesses. BOP rolls together the first three types of insurance into a single policy. It’s usually more affordable than purchasing separate business insurance policies.
Suiting Business Insurance to Your Needs
A basic business insurance policy may not cover every relevant property loss, casualty, or liability, but you can tailor business insurance to your needs with endorsements and the purchase of specific policy perils. Endorsements add extra coverage to an insurance policy. Specific perils in any policy protect against a specific type of damage – wind damage, for example.
We can customize a policy to fit your specific business insurance needs. If you work with us, we’ll help you:
- Get the right spectrum of protection
- Get the right amount of coverage
- Get the right price
How do we do this? First, we’ll help you evaluate your risks and assets. Once we have a feel for your business and its potential exposures, we’ll shop for the best price for the insurance products you need. When we work together, we can save you money and help protect your business from threats like natural disasters, business interruption, accidents, and more.