Auto Insurance at ISU
Auto insurance is a must, not just because it protects one of your most important assets, but because it’s required by law. Accidents on the road can land an uninsured driver in dire financial straits. Protect yourself and those around you, both in and out of your car.
As our client, your needs are important to us. We want to get you the best rate possible. We’ll even help you bundle your auto insurance with your home insurance to save even more.
As you shop around, here are a few points to keep in mind:
- There is no single applicable rate for auto insurance. Everyone’s situation is unique, thanks to their past driving history and experience. Call or email us to find the lowest rate with the carriers we provide.
- Shop with confidence! Here at ISU, we make it our business to help you understand what’s included in your policy as well as what’s not. When you shop with us, we’ll make sure you get the best possible rate as well as the coverage options that best meet your needs.
- Not familiar with auto insurance? Start by looking at the six types of auto insurance below, and two other areas of added coverage available. We’re always available to answer any of your questions as you browse.
A single policy may contain any or all of the following types of coverage:
For People Outside Your Car
- Bodily injury liability insurance—this pays the medical or funeral expenses of the victim(s) of a collision for which you are liable.
- Property damage liability insurance—this pays for others’ personal property (such as another car) which you damage in a collision.
For People in Your Car (Including Yourself)
- Medical payments insurance—this pays the medical or funeral expenses of you and your passengers, if you’re driving. It pays regardless of whether you’re at fault for the accident. It even covers you for a car-related injury when you’re a pedestrian.
- Uninsured motorists coverage—we wish it weren’t so, but some drivers simply don’t carry any liability insurance. Uninsured motorists coverage pays your medical expenses if you’re injured by an uninsured driver.
For Your Car
- Collision insurance—this pays for damage to your car caused by a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance—this pays for damage to or loss of your car caused by some mischance other than a collision, such as falling objects or theft.
If you’re in an accident and your vehicle needs repair, your rental reimbursement coverage will automatically cover the cost of renting another vehicle to drive while yours is being repaired. There are different levels of rental coverage available.
Protect yourself out there on the road! For example, if you get a flat tire that needs to be repaired, your vehicle will be towed to a nearby repair facility (with limits). We’ll go over those limits and other covered services when you call us.
Do you have an antique automobile? Our specialty carriers can provide you with the coverage you need to keep your antique automobile protected.
Do you have a boat, RV, or travel trailer? What about a motorcycle? We can help you protect your recreational and motorcycle vehicles, too. Just give us a call to get started!